A School of Philosophy
We offer a comprehensive program of studies which begins with the first course series: Philosophy For Everyone: Wisdom of East and West. Our curriculum gives students a strong foundation of traditional knowledge which, like classical humanism, brings together sciences, arts, religions and philosophies in a comparative way and which reveals the laws governing nature and the human being.
Through our courses, we promote the enduring value of philosophy as “love of wisdom,” a profound search for truth and meaning. Philosophy is about improving ourselves, and changing the world we live in by “being that change.” Every activity at New Acropolis embodies this philosophical spirit.
Check out our new intro course starting in February! Open House & Orientation for the Philosophy For Everyone course will take place on Wednesday, February 8th from 7:00pm-8:30pm. Following classes meet every Wednesday for 10 weeks with a few breaks for holidays. See curriculum and schedule below!
Philosophy For Everyone: Wisdom of East & West
10 Week Course (Tuition: $125)
Classes Start Wednesday February 15th, 2017 @ 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- India and Egypt: Know Yourself (Ethics)
Learn to recognize energy, emotions, thoughts and intuitions, to better express them in your life.
- India: The Bhagavad Gita (Ethics)
- Ancient Greece: Plato’s Myth of the Cave (SP)
- Tibetan Wisdom: Voice of the Silence (Ethics)
Learn about the inner path and spiritual potential
- Ancient Greece: Socrates and Plato (SP)
How to be true to oneself amidst challenges of modern life.
- The Buddha: The Dhammapada (Ethics)
- Ancient Rome and Stoicism (SP)
How we can develop calmness, serenity and self-mastery
- Aristotle and Happiness, Plotinus and the Soul
- Confucius and Harmony, Ptahoptep and Ethics
- Mystery of Time
Sacred and Secular History, Mythology and Liberation